A fresh site and a robust customer journey inspired by the game of golf.
Blending classic style with modern fit and performance, Holderness & Bourne makes it easy for customers to look, feel and perform their best.
Each of its products is crafted from the highest quality materials, ensuring a long and useful life, and follows the principles of a circular economy. Exhibea created a bespoke 2.0 build to offer a more dynamic experience that showcases their products in a highly engaging and demonstrative fashion.
Refresh to search, color swatches & product filtering
The merchant has a large inventory, and they wanted customers to find what they were looking for easily. The team added suggestive search using Algolia, and updated product filtering options to help serve customers with various preferences. Products can now be sorted through parameters like featured items, best sellers, and filtered with categories like color, fabric type & material.
18% Increase in Mobile Conversion
Post-launch H&B saw a significant increase in conversion rate across the board. They are now seeing a 18% increase in mobile conversion.
3.8% Increase in Average Order Value
Post-launch we are now seeing a +3.8% increase in AOV on mobile. On desktop, an increase in AOV of +5.78%.
The new site design resulted in a meaningful improvement to the brand's appeal for the world's leading country clubs, who carry the line in their retail stores.
An exceptional mobile experience
With two-thirds of sales coming from mobile traffic, building a flawless mobile site was critical to H&B’s success. An intuitive user experience, beautiful minimalist design, and incredibly fast speeds are some of the ingredients that keep customers coming back.
Increasing brand appeal to drive conversions
To better introduce H&B and highlight its key value propositions, we implemented a few key features to further help drive conversion across the board.
- First, we added a “Best Sellers” section right underneath the hero image on the homepage to immediately help guide new customers to trusted products. We also created curated merchandising opportunities on the homepage to call attention to any new or featured collections that arise throughout the year.
- Given technical fabrics are so important to the brand and its customers, we also added a “Shop by Fabric” section on the homepage and the ability to filter/view by fabric type on PDP to make it as simple as possible for customers to find what they are looking for.
- Gifting is also quite meaningful to the brand, as many of their customers gift golf clothing to loved ones throughout the year. We implemented gift messaging and guides on the homepage, product detail page, and shopping cart page. We designed and built the fully-featured cart which includes slots for upsells and cross-sells for other products in the catalog.
- Beautiful editorial imagery was carefully placed throughout to weave the brand’s story throughout the shopping experience.
- Added two “Recommended” sections on PDP - one near the image gallery and one further down the page
- Featured promo tiles on PLP to cross-sell and promote gifting and additional products
Amy Snead, Holderness & Bourne
“Working with Exhibea has been an exciting and seamless journey. We were originally looking for a branding/creative agency who could help us achieve what our vision was. Instead, we found a partner who brought all the eCommerce expertise under one roof to help build a new online experience whilst connecting to our heritage roots.
Exhibea executed the vision perfectly and provided nothing short of exceptional quality in the work that they delivered. Working closely with Bita and her team, we felt that they were an extension of our internal team and delivered what was promised and beyond.
The end result is a stunning, award-winning website that is a pleasure to navigate and easy to buy from.